Category: Direct Response Digital: E-commerce, Online Advertising, Brand Awareness & Social Media
Product/Service: LYNX BODY SPRAY
Agency: SOAP CREATIVE
Date of First Appearance: Mar 1 2009 12:00AM
Entrant Company: SOAP CREATIVE, Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Entry URL: http://www.lynxeffect.com.au/awardentry/
Agency: Soap Creative (Soap Creative)
Media placement: Campaign Launch - Mutliple - 23 March 2009
Describe the brief/objective of the direct campaign.
With the launch campaign of Lynx Instinct, Lynx wanted to ensure awareness and strong sales result for its new product with a campaign that engaged its audience in both traditional and emerging social environments.
For the campaign we had some clear target figures:
1. Lynx Instinct sales needed to exceed that of the previous year's product variant launch - Dark Temptation
2. We wanted to add 10,000 registered users to our online database
3. Through rich media, new media and social media portals, we wanted to engage and interact with 400,000- plus users in our core target demographic.
Explain why the creative execution was relevant to the product or service.
The Lynx primate game leveraged a live multiplayer platform to allow players to interact and compete in real time. Within the game itself users were required to not only find but utilise the product specifically to attract their bounty - smoking hot cave babes. To further access our core demographic, the game was then natively integrated into Myspace where players could challenge and compete throughout the social network. Beyond the game, additional Cave Babes were spread for players to collect and redeem in online banners and key magazine publications, maximising the games exposure and interaction.
Describe the creative solution to the brief/objective with reference to the projected response rates and desired outcome.
In order to get the reach and engagement numbers we needed to approach our target in their natural habitats.
In forming our strategy we were armed with research that told us our target were passionate gamers and extremely social online users:
• 97% of teens aged 12-17 play computer, web, portable, or console games. 50% played games 'yesterday'
• 73% play games on a desktop or a laptop computer.
• Over 75% of our core demographic are on MySpace
• Almost 100% of our target audience contact each other each day by way of a Social Network platform
Describe the results in as much detail as possible with particular reference to the RESPONSE of the target audience including deliverability statistics, response rates, click throughs, sales cost per response, relationships built and overall return on investment.
After the 8 weeks KPI's were doubled.
• 689,436 visits
• 136,000 unique visits
• 22,000 registrations
• An average time spent in-game of 12 minutes
MySpace and Bebo
• 24,515 unique visitors on Myspace, 18,022 on Bebo
• 1,715 friends on Myspace, 991 on bebo
• 4,777 active native application users
Interactive ad placements reached over 11 million unique browsers & 216,925 unique interactions.
• Lynx Instinct bodyspray is the #2 selling body spray in the total male deodorant category
• Lynx shower gel is growing double digits in value at a YTD level +20.5%* driven by Instinct
The Direct marketing titled LYNX INSTINCT was done by Soap Creative advertising agency for product: Lynx Body Spray (brand: Lynx) in Australia. It was released in the Feb 2009.