Category: Best Use of Magazines
Agency: SANCHO BBDO COLOMBIA
Date of First Appearance: Aug 15 2009 12:00AM
Entrant Company: SANCHO BBDO COLOMBIA, Bogotá, COLOMBIA
Chief Creative Officer: Hugo Corredor (Sancho BBDO)
Chief Creative Officer: Giovanni Martínez (Sancho BBDO)
Creative Director: Fernando Gómez (Sancho BBDO)
Creative Director: Ricardo Tuta (Sancho BBDO)
Copywriter: Norma Salazar (Sancho BBDO)
Art Director: William Peñaloza (Sancho BBDO)
Designer: Yesid Melendro (Sancho BBDO)
Media placement: Magazine - La Nota Económica - 15 Aug 2009
Results and Effectiveness
- Call centre reported an increase of 30% in calls asking for information about trucks for the packaging industry.
- By creating impact to get the attention of the right target with a powerful and different piece that pop up from the rest of the communication that is used by competitors in the segment.
- MS passed from 34 % at the end of 2008, to 44 % at the end of 2009. Competitors ''disappeared'' making the trucks in the top 3 TOM at the moment of buying a truck, while total industry experiencing a decrease of 25 % vs. the year 2008.
- We found the way to show that our trucks can make the most of the cargo space for the packaging business managers.
- We used the right combination for the segment, supported by radio, POP material, and other magazine simple ads that worked together in order to show our trucks’ variety and the way to make the most of the cargo space for the industry.
Insights, Strategy & the Idea
- To get the attention from our main target in order to push their interest into our brand.
- To strongly differentiate from our competitors.
- People who read this magazine are main business decision makers and managers from companies that work and directly interact with trucks in the packaging market.
- It is not just about transporting some boxes, it is about knowing your business for real and the importance of transporting those packages.
-The piece and the message have a strong impact directed right to the magazine audience, and highly different from other competitors’ communication, calling the attention from the target. The client wanted to position this product range into the packaging market, which is one of the most important in the transportation market.
The Promo / PR Ad titled MAGAZINE BOX was done by Sancho BBDO Colombia advertising agency for product: Chevrolet Trucks (brand: Chevrolet) in Colombia. It was released in the Aug 2009.