Category: Best Use of Social Media Marketing
Advertiser: OFFICE OF INTEL CORPORATION UK
Product/Service: INTEL TECHNOLOGY
Agency: BBDO RUSSIA
Date of First Appearance: Dec 12 2009 12:00AM
Entrant Company: BBDO RUSSIA, Moscow, RUSSIA
Entry URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D19tXaqW2uA
Senior Digital Buying Manager: Savvina Julia (BBDO Russia)
Media Planner: Antropov Dmitriy (BBDO Russia)
Media placement: Internet Test (Www.odnoklassniki.ru) - Internet - 12 December 2009
Results and Effectiveness
• 6 121 045 people have completed the test compared to 1,000,000 planned
• 1 563 658 visitors to the Client’s landing Page compared to 500,000 planned
Many publications on news resources and numerous blog and forum entries
What the Client thinks
“We’ve used Social Media in the past with varied degrees of success. What is peculiar about this very placement is a great balance between media effectiveness in terms of coverage and quality of the contact we are achieving with our TA.”
It’s difficult to make digital work efficiently day after day. What we’ve noticed here in Russia, and it’s a general trend worldwide, is that standard banners don’t seem to work as they used to.
The key is to take the media territory relevant to our target audience and make it inviting for interactions
To pick a Social Network No 1 in Russia (Daily Reach – 5,295,100, Affinity – 210) and give each user an opportunity to take a test. Different questions were connected by topic of new technologies.
Upon the completion, users get the description of the Future they are likely to live in and a corresponding sticker to their avatars.
Every 10 days, the test is updated to allow users to try a different scenario.
Advertising is much better when there’s a partnership between the brand and the consumer. Giving something that is of a value is a good way to achieve such a partnership.
Insights, Strategy & the Idea
• Intel thinks of the future with care for the present
• Advancements in both Technology and Education are number one priorities
• To create preference for the brand calling up associations with modern technologies and scientific advancements.
• To ensure considerable coverage of relevant to TA.
Our target audience is curious and open-minded:
• They keep up with the latest trends – Affinity 125
• They like to be different from the others – Affinity 140
• They aspire to be the first users of new technologies – Affinity 178
• They always want to be where something interesting happens – Affinity 119
Digital networks are where they communicate most often.
The Promo / PR Ad titled INTEL MAKES FUTURE HAPPEN was done by BBDO Russia advertising agency for product: Intel Technology (brand: Intel) in Russia. It was released in the Dec 2009.