Category: Best Integrated Campaign Led by PR
Account Director: Duane Holland (Shine Communications)
Associate Director: Claire Sparks (Shine Communications)
Director: Richard Brett (Shine Communications)
Account Executive: Aime Dorsett (Shine Communications)
Media placement: Broadcast - BBC Regional, Heart FM, Magic FM, Galaxy Radio, Etc - 01.04.2009
Media placement: Print - Vogue, Glamour, Grazia, Now, Reveal, Look, InStyle, Sunday Times Style, Etc - 01.04.2009
Media placement: Digital - Closer Online, Grazia, The Daily Star, Female First, Etc. - 01.04.2009
Summary of the Campaign
MARTINI lacks a clear role in the mind of the modern consumer, who are unclear about why, what, when, where and how to drink MARTINI. In the face of this clear need for brand repositioning, the first new variant in over 100 years, MARTINI Rosato, was to be launched with high global expectations in the UK.
Our response was to lead an integrated communications campaign, focusing on re-igniting passion for the brand, capturing consumer imagination and communicating the benefits of a ‘light’ drink.
As lead agency, we provided creative direction and strategic counsel across all marketing disciplines (Advertising, Digital, and Experiential) to create a seamlessly integrated and connected communications campaign.
The multi-layered campaign helped boost MARTINI Rosato to become No.1 sales spot, outselling all other variants in the iconic product portfolio. Performance achieved as a direct result by an increase of 347% in items of coverage from 2008 reaching over 153m people and hitting 90% of the UK’s female population between 24 – 35 years old. The wide breadth of coverage across influencer and mainstream media, worth £1.6m and with a 17:1 return on investment. The campaign made Rosato the most successful ever sales launch for the global brand.
• To re-invent MARTINI and re-ignite passion in the MARTINI brand amongst the 25-45 year old female market.
• To capture the imagination of MARTINI’s target audience, creating a following for the ‘Stay Beautiful’ movement.
• To communicate the benefits of having a ‘light’ drink with low alcohol ABV.
We developed an integrated campaign based upon strategic planning, digital expertise and consumer insight adopting a ‘lead agency’ mindset to achieve both business and brand objectives:
• 362 pieces of coverage generated between April and December 2009 across print, broadcast and online media.
• 83% of all coverage achieved was dominated by feature editorial
• Over 153 million consumers were reached with 90% of the female population aged between 25 – 34 having seen at least one relevant MARTINI message
• All coverage was evaluated independently by Media Proof and delivered a value in excess of £1,557,088
• 347% increase in media items from 2008 vs. 2009
• 17:1 ROI
• Video trailer received 137,000 views.
• MARTINI’s value rose by +2.5% on the bi-month for the first time in over two decades
• MARTINI Rosato is the most successful sales launch within the product portfolio
Stage 1 – Trade Launch
We worked with the MARTINI sales & marketing teams to develop a series of stories to build momentum within top and mainstream media.
Stage 2 – MARTINI Ambassador
We commissioned Thandie Newton as the face of the ‘Stay Beautiful’ PR campaign in a series of images which were unveiled at a viewing with over 300 influencers.
Stage 3 – Consumer Education
We created advertorials with influencer media - Vogue, Glamour, Grazia and Sunday Times Style and a ‘Stay Beautiful’ guide with ELLE
Stage 4 – CSR Research
We commissioned leading psychologist, Georgia Foster, to reveal a new wave of woman. Leveraged across a multi-platform print, broadcast radio and digital campaign.
Stage 5 – Global Partnerships
Leveraged MARTINI’s ownership of Working Title Film premieres and F1 sponsorship in Monaco.
Stage 6 – Digital Dialogue
Digital showcase, community building and super-seeding of the photoshoot film.
MARTINI is a brand steeped in rich heritage within film, fashion and Italian Riviera sophistication, but lacks a clear role in the mind of the modern consumer. To reignite passion for the brand and re-establish MARTINI’s aspirational status, We worked to create a through-the-line campaign called ‘Stay Beautiful’, designed to champion the MARTINI Rosato drink – MARTINI’s first new flavour in 100 years.
The overarching strategy was to re-establish MARTINI’s aspirational status by creating a through-the-line campaign called ‘Stay Beautiful’, rooted in:
• Brand personality – The MARTINI drinker is an elegant woman in control.
• Graceful drinking – The low alcohol volume and lightness of the drink allows women to live the ‘Stay Beautiful’ persona when drinking MARTINI.
Our Strategic Approach:
• Create new assets to excite and drive awareness amongst the target audience with one voice, one message, one tone
• Work with engaging and relevant talent to deliver the ‘Stay Beautiful’ campaign
• Leverage brand partnerships to extend reach and impact of campaign
• Create cocktail to drive trial, delivery key messages and educate on usage of Rosato (MARTINI Rosato & pomegranate juice).
The Promo / PR Ad titled STAY BEAUTIFUL was done for product: Martini (brand: Martini) in no country. It was released in the Jul 2012.