Dove Ambient, Design & Branding, Case study REAL BEAUTY SKETCHES by Ogilvy Sao Paulo

Adsarchive » Ambient , Design & Branding , Case study » Dove » REAL BEAUTY SKETCHES

REAL BEAUTY SKETCHES

Pin to Collection
Add a note
Industry Skin Care, Business equipment & services, Corporate Image
Media Ambient, Design & Branding, Case study
Market Brazil
Agency Ogilvy Sao Paulo
Director John X Carey
Executive Creative Director Roberto Fernandez, Paco Conde, Roberto Fernandez David
Art Director Diego Machado
Copywriter Hugo Veiga
Producer Phillip Owens, Veronica Beach, Keith Kenniff, Ranata Neumann
Account Supervisor Deborah Lederman
Illustrator Gil Zamora
Released May 2013

Awards

Cannes Lions 2013
Design Lions Print and Poster Ads Silver

Credits & Description

Type of entry: Graphic Design & Design Crafts
Category: Print and Poster Ads
Advertiser: UNILEVER
Product/Service: DOVE MASTERBRAND
Agency: OGILVY BRASIL São Paulo, BRAZIL
VP Creative Director: Anselmo Ramos (Ogilvy Brasil)
Executive Creative Director: Roberto Fernandez/Paco Conde (Ogilvy Brasil)
Copywriter: Hugo Veiga (Ogilvy Brasil)
Art Director: Diego Machado (Ogilvy Brasil)
Illustrator: Gil Zamora (Zamora Design)
Producer: Veronica Beach/Ranata Neumann (Ogilvy Brasil)
Account Director: Ricardo Honegger/Thiago Lima (Ogilvy Brasil)
Head Of Client Service: Valeria Barone (Ogilvy Brasil)
Account Supervisor: Deborah Lederman (Ogilvy Brasil)
Planner: Mollie Hill (Ogilvy Brasil)
Head Of Digital: Daniel Tartaro (Ogilvy Brasil)
Project Manager: Wagner Gomes (Ogilvy Brasil)
UXD: Pablo Moura/Fred Celestino (Ogilvy Brasil)
Director: John X Carey (Paranoid US)
Advertiser's Supervisor: Steve Miles/Fernando Machado/Kathleen Ryan/Stacie Bright/Debbie Weinstein (Unilever)
Producer: Phillip Owens/Keith Kenniff (Paranoid US)
Sound Mix: Sam Casas (Lime Studio)
Color Grading: Sean Coleman (Company 3)
Editorial Grading: Paul Kumpata (Rock Paper Scissor)
Online: A52 Staff (A52)
Brief Explanation
The biggest barrier to women feeling beautiful is their own self-perception. We needed to prove women wrong about their own self-image. We needed to reveal their real beauty to them.
Describe the brief from the client
As the brand that fights for women's self esteem, Dove wanted to make women feel better about themselves. Only 4% of women believe they're beautiful. How could we prove to the other 96% that they are more beautiful than they think?

Design Process
We called an FBI-trained sketch artist, known for using a Compositure™ Methodology with crime eyewitnesses. He interviewed women hidden behind a curtain and used their self-descriptions as the basis of his drawings. One drawing was based on a woman's own self-description and the second on a stranger's description of the same woman.
To close, we held an exhibition comparing the sketches. Women admitted that portraits based on the strangers' descriptions were more beautiful, happier and more accurate than the portraits based on their own descriptions.
The sketches revealed to the world the striking proof that women are more beautiful than they think.

Results
With only 10 days:
• 3 Billion media impressions generated (all original stories)
• The Today show, Good Morning America, NBC news
• New York Times, The Guardian, Forbes.com, The Telegraph, Huffington Post, The Independent.
People didn't just follow it, we provoked people to get involved:
• The most shared article in the history of mashable.com
• Responsible for more than 90% of the video content shares
All of which took the brand's relationship with people to new heights:
- 14,368% increase in daily rate of tweets about the brand
- 4.3 million clicks through to the Dove site