Gruner & Jahr Design & Branding DEEP SEA CALENDAR by Gurtlerbachmann

Adsarchive » Design & Branding » Gruner & Jahr » DEEP SEA CALENDAR

DEEP SEA CALENDAR

Pin to Collection
Add a note
Industry Publishing, streaming & media
Media Design & Branding
Market Germany
Agency Gurtlerbachmann
Designer Merle Schröder
Released October 2011

Credits & Description

Category: Calendars
Advertiser: GRUNER & JAHR / NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WORLD
Product/Service: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WORLD
Agency: GÜRTLERBACHMANN
Designer: Merle Schröder (Gürtlerbachmann Werbung Gmbh)
Project Manager: Anna Vogelpohl (Gürtlerbachmann Werbung Gmbh)
Copytext: Jana Pütz (Gürtlerbachmann Werbung Gmbh)
Production: (Produktionsbüro Romey Von Malottky Gmbh)
Media placement: Calendar - Direct Mail To Subscribers - 04.10.2011

Describe the brief from the client
The brief was to extend the subscription order of the kids magazine ‘World’ by National Geographic by using a tool which will fit the brand.

Describe the challenges and key objectives
National Geographic World is known for the transmission of knowledge in a playful and advancing way. Average subscription gifts like MP3 players or watches are inconceivable when buying a subscription to National Geographic World. An exclusive subscription gift that is not buyable and can only be received in combination with the subscription, is needed.

Describe how you arrived at the final design
With the ‘Deep Sea Calendar' not only can children dive into the endless sea, but also the parents will learn a lot about the sea dwellers by fascinating motives and interesting information.
In addition to the transmission of knowledge, the ‘Deep Sea Calendar’ is also an eye-catcher in every room, giving many reasons to sign up for a subscription of the National Geographic World and to have fun with the subscription bonus a whole year.

Give some indication of how successful the outcome was in the market
The planned 10% increase in subscriptions was even exceeded by another 7%, so that all together the sales have increased by 17% because of the extraordinary subscription gift.