Poise Promo, Case study 1 IN 3 LIKE ME by Mindshare New York

Adsarchive » Promo , Case study » Poise » 1 IN 3 LIKE ME


Pin to Collection
Add a note
Industry Cleaning Products, Detergents & Wood protectors
Media Promo & PR, Case study
Market United States
Agency Mindshare New York
Released March 2010

Credits & Description

Category: Best Use of Branded Content
Date of First Appearance: Mar 5 2010
Entrant Company: MINDSHARE, New York, USA
Entry URL: http://www.1in3likeme.com
Executive Producer: David Lang (Mindshare Entertainment)
Senior Producer: Greg Manago (Mindshare Entertainment)
Senior Brand Manager: Joe Kuester (Kimberly-Clark)
Integrated Marketing Planning, Adult and Feminine Care: Melissa Sexton (Kimberly-Clark)
Media placement: Internet - 1in3likeme.com - 3/5/10
Media placement: TV - Academy Awards Pre Show - 3/7/10
Media placement: Print - Magazines - 3/7/10

Insights, Strategy & the Idea
The goal of the campaign was to ignite conversation in a high impact and buzz worthy way that encourages women to engage in a dialogue around a topic that has traditionally been “taboo,” light bladder leakage. 1 in 3 women suffer from light bladder leakage (LBL), a condition that most are too embarrassed to admit to because of the association with incontinence and aging.

Kimberly-Clark found that only about 30% of women with this condition were aware of the POISE brand, and the other 70% who were aware most often used sanitary napkins, which are not as effective for LBL.

Through research, Kimberly-Clark found that humour and entertainment would be the best way to encourage women to discuss LBL, helping to remove the stigma surrounding the condition and leading them to realize they are not alone. This new awareness of the problem positions Poise as a great solution!

Creative Execution
The idea was that if 1 in 3 women have this issue, then quite possibly some of the most famous women could have had LBL.

Academy Award winning actress Whoopi Goldberg was brought on board to star in eight humorous webisodes called, “Great Women in History.” She appears as famous women who may have had LBL, discussing their problem with the audience, they include: Cleopatra, Eve, Helen of Troy, Joan of Arc, Lady Godiva, Mona Lisa, Princess and the Pea and the Statue of Liberty.

Multiplatform content was created for Digital, Print and a: 60 second custom spot for the 2010 Academy Awards Red Carpet Pre-Show. The TV spot was a montage of all eight characters and drove consumers to the web to view the webisodes, and request a sample.

Results and Effectiveness
After the campaign launch, the brand achieved its highest sales month in history, which led to its highest sales year ever (2010).

400% increase in sample requests of the product at 1in3likeme.com

POISE was catapulted into pop culture with over 2 billion impressions in top outlets such as NY Times, People, Perez Hilton, NY Magazine and a rare campaign “spoof” on Saturday Night Live that delivered all brand key messages.

The Poise website saw a 50% increase in traffic, and the newly launched 1in3likeme.com site had nearly 600,000 unique website visits in first month and 2 million for the year.