THE OTHER 10% by Conill Advertising Los Angeles for Toyota

Adsarchive » Promo , Case study » Toyota » THE OTHER 10%

THE OTHER 10%

Pin to Collection
Add a note
Industry Cars
Media Promo & PR, Case study
Market United States
Agency Conill Advertising Los Angeles
Director Marcelo Burgos
Creative Director Verónica Elizondo
Art Director Martín Donovan, Graciela Espejel
Copywriter Jessica Cuevas Molina
Account Supervisor Julia Sánchez, Eneida Mejia
Released October 2010

Credits & Description

Category: Best Use of Integrated Media
Advertiser: TOYOTA
Product/Service: TOYOTA CAMRY
Agency: CONILL SAATCHI & SAATCHI
Date of First Appearance: Oct 4 2010
Entrant Company: CONILL SAATCHI & SAATCHI, Torrance, USA
Senior Vice President/Chief Creative Officer: Pablo Buffagni (Conill)
Creative Director: Verónica Elizondo (Conill)
Director of Production Services: Lourdes Caballero (Conill)
Vice President/Creative Director: Mario Granatur (Conill)
Vice President/Media Director: Rob Spallone (Conill)
Diversity Planner/Advertising Manager: Chris Conard (TMS)
National Corporate Manager: Tim Morrison (TMS)
Art Director: Martin Donovan (Conill)
Art Director: Graciela Espejel (Conill)
Copywriter: Jessica Cuevas Molina (Conill)
Director of Client Services: Cilmara Santos (Conill)
Account Director: Anabel Ordoñez (Conill)
Account Supervisor: Eneida Mejia (Conill)
Director: Marcelo Burgos (Catatonia)
Media Buyer: Olivia Zaldivar (Conill)
Account Supervisor: Julia Sánchez (Conill)
Vice President/Director of Digital Services: Sandy Mayer (Conill)
Media placement: TV Spot - Promise - Univision And Other Networks - Oct 2010
Media placement: Ivideo (Girlfriends) - Leading Spanish Language Portals, Ad Networks, Lifestyle Sites - Dec 2010
Media placement: Banner (Map) - Leading Spanish Language Portals, Ad Networks, Lifestyle Sites - Dec 2010
Media placement: Take Over (Rocket) - Leading Spanish Language Portals, Lifestyle Sites, And Ad Network - Dec 2010
Media placement: ESPN NATION INTEGRATION - ESPN - 14 Feb 2011
Media placement: Mini Commercials During Games - ESPN - March 2011

Insights, Strategy & the Idea
Business Objective:
Remain #1. Increase market share from 20.4% to 22.4% by DEC10.

Communications Objective:
Camry’s perception as the leader in quality is at stake. Reassert this perception by the EOY.
Increase following variables:
-Reliable, Dependable.
-Makes me feel confident.
-Lasts a long time.

The midsize intender is in his late 30s, married with children. He’s getting at that age when signs of aging are beginning to show. He wants to hold on to that youthful appearance and vitality that make him feel still desirable. The sedan he chooses better make him feel more confident. He respects Toyota and has looked at Camry as a potential next option. He knows Camry is a good reliable car, but so are the Honda Accord and Nissan Altima. He thinks the current Camry lacks a bolder attitude. Let’s help him find that energy in Camry and he will no longer question Camry’s quality.

Creative Execution
We had a great story to tell:
Since 1994, 90% of all Toyota Camry’s are still on the road today.
But we couldn't afford to communicate this message in a boring way, because that would turn off our midsize intender who likes to project a bolder attitude. So we decided to use the claim as the centre of the campaign communicating it with a bolder-fun attitude.
If 90% are still on the road, what happened to the other 10% of the Camry?
We took this message to every media and we created customized executions for each platform.

Results and Effectiveness
Highest rated attributes for the Camry by Jan 2011 (Source: Toyota Hispanic Model Image Study).
- Base: Hispanic intenders
#1- Last a long time
#2 - It is reliable and dependable
#3 - It handles well
#4 - It is a vehicle I would feel safe in
Sales Data (source Polk, December 2010):
- Camry (22.6% SOM) leads the segment. Honda Accord has 20.1% SOM. Nissan Altima has 16.6% SOM

Additional results:
Visits to T.com/Camry Espanol increased 44% - "Rocket" Takeover delivered over 1.3MM impressions - Average CTR 3.02% surpassed industry benchmark (0.13 %*) by over 400%