FEEDBACK ON YOUR CREATIVITY by Cheil Seoul for CHEIL WORLDWIDE

Adsarchive » Promo » CHEIL WORLDWIDE » FEEDBACK ON YOUR CREATIVITY

FEEDBACK ON YOUR CREATIVITY

Pin to Collection
Add a note
Industry Advertising agencies, Business equipment & services
Media Promo & PR
Market South Korea
Agency Cheil Seoul
Creative Director Jaewook Nam
Art Director Seongwook Han
Copywriter Songha Lee
Released November 2009

Credits & Description

Category: Event and Field Marketing
Advertiser: CHEIL WORLDWIDE
Product/Service: 2010 YOUNG ADVERTISING AWARDS
Agency: CHEIL WORLDWIDE
Date of First Appearance: Dec 1 2009 12:00AM
Entrant Company: CHEIL WORLDWIDE, Seoul, KOREA
Creative Director: Jaewook Nam (Cheil Worldwide Inc.)
Art Director: Seongwook Han (Cheil Worldwide Inc.)
Copywriter: Songha Lee (Cheil Worldwide Inc.)
Account Executive: Wanjae Sung (Cheil Worldwide Inc.)
Account Executive: Yoonho Kim (Cheil Worldwide Inc.)
Account Executive: Sookhyun Jang (Cheil Worldwide Inc.)
Media placement: Poster & Site - Poster & Homepage - 01 December 2009
Media placement: Promotion - boomerang mounment - 01 December 2009
Media placement: Direct - feedback mail - 01 December 2009

Describe the objective of the promotion.
For the first time ever in an ad competition, participants received feedbacks from judges on their entries.

Describe how the promotion developed from concept to implementation
In Korea, there are 72 young advertising competitions. The Cheil Worldwide Young Ad Awards is the longest-running and most prestigious of its kind in Korea, and has always tried new methods that have changed the paradigm of competitive exhibitions. This year is the 31st anniversary of this event, and the organisers wanted to break out of the mold, which made only 1% winners and the remaining 99% losers. Is there perhaps a way to make all participants winners?

Describe the success of the promotion with both client and consumer including some quantifiable results
Participants who wanted to receive feedback on their work filled out a form with a return address-stamped envelope(Feedback Mail) which judges sent back to participants complete with comments. Many recipients posted this feedback in online communities or on their blogs, and expressed much thanks to the referees. The Cheil Worldwide's Young Ad Awards motivated young participants to change their excessively results-orinted, competitive mind. The number of submissions this year rose to 2434 works, an 11% increase over last year when 2177 works were submitted.

Explain why the method of promotion was most relevant to the product or service
In order to create a competition that could satisfy all participants, we surveyed participants' opinions. Interviews of last year's participants revealed that they weren't just aiming for prizes. Participants were unanimous in their desire to hear judges' assessments of their creativity. So for the first time in competition history, entries will receive creativity assessments and comments directly from the judges.