Instituto Azmina Radio, Case study More Than 70% [video] by J. Walter Thompson Sao Paulo

Adsarchive » Radio , Case study » Instituto Azmina » More Than 70% [video]

More Than 70% [video]

Pin to Collection
Add a note
Industry Human Rights
Media Radio, Case study
Market Brazil
Agency J. Walter Thompson Sao Paulo
Chief Creative Officer Ricardo John, Rodrigo Grau
Executive Creative Director Humberto Fernandez
Creative Director Rodrigo Da Matta, Renata Leão
Art Director Gabriella Marcatto
Copywriter Breno Ferreira
Released May 2017

Awards

Lions Entertainment 2017
Entertainment For Music Music & Brands: Artist as an Ambassador for a Cause Silver Lion

Credits & Description

Title: More Than 70%
Agency: J. Walter Thompson Brazil
Brand: Instituto AzMina
Country: Brazil
Entrant Company: J. Walter Thompson Brazil, São Paulo
Advertising Agency: J. Walter Thompson Brazil, São Paulo
Media Agency: J. Walter Thompson Brazil, São Paulo
Pr Agency: J. Walter Thompson Brazil, São Paulo
Production Company: Satelite Audio, São Paulo
Chief Creative Officer: Ricardo John (J.Walter Thompson)
Chief Creative Officer: Rodrigo Grau (J.Walter Thompson)
Executive Creative Director: Humberto Fernandez (J.Walter Thompson)
Agency Producer Director: Marcia Lacaze (J.Walter Thompson)
Editor/Motion: João Victor Albuquerque (J.Walter Thompson)
Art Director: Gabriella Marcatto (J.Walter Thompson)
Creative Director: Rodrigo Da Matta (J.Walter Thompson)
Creative Director: Renata Leão (J.Walter Thompson)
Copywriter: Breno Ferreira (J.Walter Thompson)
Account Team: Carolina Amaral, Luiza Tofeti, Andressa Tamburini, Thiago Galdi (J.Walter Thompson)
Head Of Operations & Client Services: Ana Hernandez (J.Walter Thompson)
Head Of Media: João Dabbur, Camila Bertoli (J.Walter Thompson)
Media Manager: Gabriela Amato (J.Walter Thompson)
Head Of Strategy: Bertrand Cocallemen (J.Walter Thompson)
Agency Producer: Carolina Florentino (J.Walter Thompson)
Music Artist: Daniela Mercury, Tiê, Valesca Popozuda (-)
Outcome:
143,038 hours of music donated to the cause;-
530,000 BRL in earned media;- 17,437,025 impressions;- On March 23rd 2017, #MoreThan70 was part of the International Labour Organizations’s agenda;- MTV adopted and broadcasted the campaign throughout May/June 2017.
Synopsis:
In Brazil, women still earn, on average, only 70% of what men earn in the job market. And worst of all: a lot of them were not even aware of the fact. So, we found a simple way to let them know about the gender pay gap in an impactful, accessible, creative form: by using the music of the big artists in Brazilian music as a means of protest.
Execution:
During the month of March, the big artists' songs played on various platforms. Each song was reproduced normally, until it reached 70% of its reproduction, when it would stop. After the silence, people could see a message of protest.“Yes, this song has stopped. But for an important reason. It has stopped after playing 70% because women, on average, earn only 70% compared to men in the job market. And for this reason, it's only fair that they work accordingly to what they earn, right? Today, this artist chose to use the 30% remaining of her song to protest. And to remind everyone that the gender wage gap still exists. But it shouldn’t. Learn more about this and other issues that can interfere with your life. Access AzMina.”
Strategy:
We invited three of the biggest Brazilian singers to protest against the gender wage gap. Each of them kindly donated 30% of their songs, sending a very important message at the end of each one: the awareness of unequal wages between men and women in the job market.
Relevancy:
The campaign uses various entertainment platforms to draw attention to the problem of wage inequality. The participation of Brazil's biggest artists creates a strong integrated campaign, reaching thousands of people through music.
Campaign Description:
We reproduced only 70% of the artists' songs on various audiovisual platforms. And we used the other 30% to protest against wage inequality, sending out a message to raise awareness of this reality.