Mcwhopper [video] DAVID /Miami, Y&R Auckland para Burger King

Archivo de publicidades » Direct , Case study » Burger King » Mcwhopper [video]

Mcwhopper [video]

Añadir a la colección
Añadir una nota
Sector Comida rápida
Media Direct, Case study
Mercado Nueva Zelanda
Agencia DAVID /Miami
Agencia Y&R Auckland
Creative Director Tom Paine
Agencia de production Flying Fish
Publicado agosto 2015

Premios

Cannes Lions 2017
Creative Effectiveness Creative Effectiveness: Creative Effectiveness Gold Lion
Creative Effectiveness Creative Effectiveness: Creative Regional Effectiveness Silver Lion

Creditos y descripciones

Client: Burger King + Peace One Day
Advertiser: Burger King + Peace One Day
Media: Case Study
Brand: Burger King + Peace One Day
Country: New Zealand
Activity: Restaurants & Fast Food
Campaign: Mcwhopper
Agency: Y&R New Zealand
Agency city: West Auckland
Chief Creative Officer: Josh Moore
Creative Director: Tom Paine
Creative Team: Tom Paine
Creative Team: Head of Planning
Account Director: Victoria Meo
Senior Designer: James Wendelborn
Agency Producer: Liz Rosby
Agency Producer: Sacha Moore
Digital Producer: Melissa Logan
Digital Producer: Head of Media
Media Planner: Marie-Claire Manson
Animation: Assembly
Film Company: Flying Fish
Photography / Illustration: Fraser Clements
Music: Liquid Studios
Sound Design Company: Liquid Studios
Post Production: Mandy
Digital Production: Resn
Pr: Abpr
Digital: Code & Theory
Media Director: Horizon
Media Director: Rock Orange
Pop-up production: Set Creative
Brand Identity: Turner Duckworth
Senior Vice President of Global Brand Management: Fernando Machado (Burger King)
North America Chief Marketing Officer: Eric Hirschhorn (Burger King)
Corporate Manager: Bruin Maufe (Peace One Day)
Pop-up Activation: David
Website URL: http://mcwhopper.com/
In August 2015, BK published an open letter proposing a ‘burger wars’ ceasefire with longstanding rival McDonald’s. BK proposed the two restaurants join forces to create a symbolic mash-up burger, The McWhopper, to be served on UN Peace Day. The proposal was met by frenzied public support, so McD’s drew criticism when they said no. Subsequently, tens of thousands of people took matters into their own hands by creating and sharing DIY McWhoppers. Meanwhile, four other competitors raised their hands for peace and together with BK created and served the historic ‘Peace Day Burger’ on Peace Day.
Outcome:
· 8.9 billion media impressions· Earned media value $US138mSource: ABPR, Personally Inside, Llorente y Cuenca, Ketchurn, Evercom, Weber Shandwick, Emanate and Cison· ROI: Every $1 spent returned $88 in earned media · #1 trending topic, Facebook and Twitter· 10,000+ DIY McWhopper reviews on YouTube PEACE ONE DAY· +40% increase in Peace Day awareness (from 30% to 43% of the U.S pop)Source: Toluna Research · +16% increase in Peace Day awareness worldwideSource: McKinsey and Company “The McWhopper campaign is the single highest contributor ever towards Peace Day awareness” - McKinsey and Company – Research partner BURGER KING BRAND METRICS (ALL PEOPLE)· +75% - Positive brand buzz from 20% to 35% / +60% millennials · +25% - Purchase consideration from 32% to 40% / +76% millennials · +48% - Likelihood to recommend brand from 21% to 31% /+84% millennialsSource: YouGov Brand Index
Campaign Description:
Insights: 1) People are curious for new flavour combinations and willing to trample across brand conventions to experience them. 2) There’s no longer an inside / outside of a company – thanks to social media, corporations are now held accountable for their actions. Creative idea: To raise awareness of United Nations Peace Day, Burger King made a highly visible proposal to McDonald’s, inviting them to collaborate on a truly one-of-a-kind product: The McWhopper. The proposed mash-up burger would combine key ingredients from each restaurant’s signature product, The Big Mac and The Whopper, to be prepared and served on one day only, Peace Day, 21st September 2015.
Strategy:
The McWhopper campaign wasn’t made social, it was born social. We were confident that had we approached McDonald’s behind closed doors, they would have said no behind closed doors. By making the proposal so very public on so many platforms, we knew McD’s would be pushed to respond. The proposal was planned with painstaking diligence, to ensure success didn’t hinge on a yes or a no. We invested a significant amount of time and resource into scenario planning, resulting in an extensive set of responses to cater for every conceivable scenario. More importantly, we created a comprehensive suite of campaign assets to inspire consumer engagement no matter what. It was a completely integrated approach designed to empower the public and media to create and share do-it-yourself McWhoppers, further spreading awareness. It was all very well for the world to take notice, but we also wanted the world to take action.
Execution:
BK published an open letter in traditional and social, inviting McD’s to collaborate in creating and serving the McWhopper on Peace Day. The proposal was supported by tactical outdoor and spearheaded by mcwhopper.com, a multimedia toolkit of co-branded assets: staff apparel, signage, and a pop-up restaurant. Every asset was designed to be visually iconic and translate into multiple languages, for ease of share-ability. The proposal was met by frenzied public support, so McDonald’s drew criticism when they turned down the offer. Inspired by BK’s online Burger Build film, tens of thousands of people took matters into their own hands by creating and sharing do-it-yourself McWhoppers on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Vine, Facebook, and mainstream media channels - integrating the competitor’s product with our own.
Synopsis:
In the fiercely competitive fast food category, Burger King faced declining consideration in the all-important 18 – 34 year old millennial demographic. A new breed of competitors such as Chipotle was connecting with youth via a shared sense of purpose and social good, positioning BK as old fashioned. Peace One Day is a global non-profit organisation whose goal is to make United Nations Peace Day, on 21 September, an annual day of non-violence and global unity. Each year they campaign tirelessly to raise awareness of Peace Day under the theme ‘Who Will You Make Peace With?’Our objectives were twofold: Increase brand consideration for Burger King and raise awareness of Peace Day 2015.